This nutty, citrusy, tahini-based sauce is a cooling complement to cooked fish and vegetables. Extra sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to one week.
What You Will Need
- 2⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus more to taste
- 2 tsp. minced fresh garlic
- Finely grated zest of ½ lime (2 tsp.)
- 1 packed cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 jalapeño (¼ oz.), stemmed, seeded, and finely diced (optional)
- Kosher salt
- In a blender or food processor, combine the tahini, lemon juice, ½ cup water, and the garlic; process on high speed until smooth and completely white, 2–3 minutes. Add the zest, parsley, and jalapeño; pulse to combine. Season with salt and serve.