Cheddar Cheese Log
This retro hors d'oeuvre is still delicious after all these years.
Yield: makes One 8" Log
- 2 lb. grated cheddar cheese (mild, medium or sharp)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pimientos
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Place softened cheddar cheese in a large bowl. Add Dijon mustard, Tabasco, parsley and pimientos. Mix until ingredients are evenly distributed, then, if necessary, correct seasoning with mustard and Tabasco.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap about 9" long on a clean surface. Mound cheese mixture along edge nearest you, then roll in plastic, pressing and molding to form a log about 1 1⁄2" wide and 8" long.
- Carefully remove plastic and roll log in chopped pecans, pressing nuts into log as you roll. Rewrap log with fresh plastic and chill for at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.