A foolproof take on a party favorite.
- 1 10 oz. can diced tomatoes and green chiles (preferably Ro*Tel brand)
- 2 tbsp. lager-style beer (such as Corona)
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lb. Velveeta cheese, diced
- ¼ cups grated aged monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cups sliced scallions
- ¼ cups chopped cilantro
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- ½ lime
- Tortilla chips
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, stir together diced tomatoes and green chiles, beer, cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and garlic. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Add Velveeta and whisk until melted. Transfer dip to a serving bowl and top with monterey jack cheese, scallions, cilantro, tomatoes, and jalapeños. Squeeze the juice of lime over the top. Serve with tortilla chips.