Chopped Tomato Salad
This simple dish, from El Bordo de las Lanzas, looks like a salsa but is usually eaten as a side dish with grilled or roasted meats.
Yield: makes about 4 cups
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 diced, peeled small yellow onion
- 4 diced, cored large ripe tomatoes
- 1 diced, seeded, cored green bell pepper
- 1 chopped, seeded fresh serrano chile
- Pour olive oil and red wine vinegar into a large mixing bowl and whisk together. Add onion, tomatoes, and green bell pepper to the bowl. Toss vegetables with the dressing until evenly coated. Add chile to the bowl and stir. Season to taste with salt. Set aside for 30 minutes before serving.