Zesty and flavorful, this compound butter is a nice combination of fresh lemon juice, tarragon and parsley.
- 4 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1⁄2 tsp. demi-glace
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Place butter in a medium bowl. Cream with a fork and add demi-glace, tarragon, parsley, and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mound butter on a piece of plastic wrap, roll to form a cylinder, twist ends of wrap, and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour. Slice in rounds to serve.