This bright-tasting relish is one of our favorite uses for summer corn.
Yield: makes About 2 Quarts
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- ½ green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
- ½ red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and minced
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. dried mustard powder
- ½ tsp. ground turmeric
- Juice of 1 lime
- Combine corn, garlic, onions, jalapeños, and peppers in a bowl. Divide corn mixture evenly between 2 one-quart glass jars with tight-fitting lids.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard, turmeric, and 1 cup water in a 4-qt. saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir until sugar and salt dissolve. Remove pan from heat; stir in lime juice.
- Pour vinegar mixture over corn; seal jars. Let cool. Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.