Liven up your everyday Bloody Mary with this tart variation. Made with brine-infused vodka and garnished with tart cornichons and a slice of meaty, savory salumi, this acerbic libation is a pickle lover’s dream. If you’re pressed for time, the pickle-infused vodka can be combined immediately before making the drink, but the multi-day resting time mellows the flavor and softens some of the vodka’s alcoholic bite.
For the Pickle-Infused Vodka
- 3 cups vodka
- 1 cup pickle brine, unstrained
For the Cocktail
- 4 cups tomato juice
- 6 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 4 tbsp. pickle brine
- 4 tbsp. freshly grated horseradish (or more to taste)
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, or more to taste
- 4 pickled green beans, for garnish
- 4 cornichons, for garnish
- 8 (1/4-inch) slices cacciatorini salami, for garnish
- Make the pickle-infused vodka: Fill a large glass jar with vodka and pickle juice. Cover to airtight, and rest jar in a cool, dark place for 3 to 5 days.
- In a large pitcher, combine the tomato, lemon, and pickle juices and season with horseradish, Worcestershire, and black pepper; refrigerate until chilled.
- To serve, fill 4 glass with ice cubes. Pour 1½ ounces vodka in each glass, and top with tomato juice mixture. Garnish with cacciatorini, cornichons, and a pickled green bean spear.