Hailing from Lyon, this French bistro standard gathers a delectable trio of bitter frisée, runny poached egg, and crisp lardons. The salad gets an extra hit of pork flavor from emulsifying the vinaigrette with bacon fat; breaking the yolks into the greens adds even more richness.
- 5 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2"-strips
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 small shallot, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz. frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 4 eggs
As Seen In:
SAVEUR is devoted to following food to its source. For more than 20 years, we’ve been sharing and celebrating authentic cuisine from across the globe. Now, in The New Classics Cookbook, our editors have collected 1,000+ of our all-time favorite go-to recipes in one essential volume. It will bring a world of inspiration to your home kitchen for years to come.