This creamy dish calls for quill-shaped garganelli, though penne will work just as well.
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 lb. garganelli or penne
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh or frozen peas
- 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz. thinly sliced prosciutto, serrano, or country ham, torn into strips
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
Bring a 6-qt. pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Drain pasta, reserving 1⁄4 cup pasta water.
Meanwhile, boil the cream in a 12" skillet over high heat until reduced by half, about 8 minutes. Add the pasta with the peas and cook, tossing occasionally, until the sauce begins to cling to the pasta, about 2 minutes. Add the Parmesan, and season with salt and pepper. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to loosen the sauce. Fold in the prosciutto and mint.