These luscious stewed greens—a mix of kale, mustard greens, and swiss chard—are even better if left to rest for a few hours at room temperature, so that their flavors will meld.
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 dried chiles de arbol
- 1 head garlic, cloves peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 2 heads kale (about 2 lbs.), trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 head mustard greens (about 2 lbs.), trimmed and roughly chopped
- 1 large head swiss chard (about 1 lb.), trimmed and roughly chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Heat 4 tbsp. of the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add chiles and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add chicken stock and greens and stir well. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer greens with their liquid to a shallow platter and drizzle with remaining oil.