This layered no-cook hors d’oeuvre from test kitchen assistant Eliza Martin features a sweet core of dried apricot coated in tangy goat cheese and then rolled in a savory mixture of crushed pistachios and fresh herbs. The finger-friendly “truffles” can be made up to 2 days before serving and stored in the refrigerator, making them the perfect hors d’oeuvres for the busy host or hostess.
- 12 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp. finely chopped thyme
- 2 tsp. finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tsp. finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 dried apricots, quartered
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped pistachios
- Mix cheese, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Using your hands, roll mixture into 1″ balls. Using your thumb, make a hole in each ball, press an apricot piece into center, and then mold cheese around apricot; roll in pistachios and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Chill 20 minutes before serving.