This layered no-cook hors d'oeuvre from test kitchen assistant Eliza Martin features a sweet core of dried apricot coated in tangy goat cheese and then rolled in a savory mixture of crushed pistachios and fresh herbs. The finger-friendly "truffles" can be made up to 2 days before serving and stored in the refrigerator, making them the perfect hors d'oeuvres for the busy host or hostess.
Yield: makes 32 truffles
- 12 oz. goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tsp. finely chopped thyme
- 2 tsp. finely chopped tarragon
- 2 tsp. finely chopped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 dried apricots, quartered
- <sup>3</sup>⁄<sub>4</sub> cup finely chopped pistachios
- Mix cheese, herbs, salt and pepper in a bowl. Using your hands, roll mixture into 1" balls. Using your thumb, make a hole in each ball, press an apricot piece into center, and then mold cheese around apricot; roll in pistachios and place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Chill 20 minutes before serving.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.