Make this slaw just before serving so that the lettuce is as crisp as possible.
- 2 tsp. cracked coriander seeds
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce, cored, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
Put coriander into a 10" skillet over medium heat; toast, swirling, about 2 minutes. Transfer coriander to a medium bowl; whisk in oil, vinegar, honey, and mustard to make a smooth vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Add carrots, lettuce, and onions and toss. Serve immediately.