Jill Hildebrand of Mahoney’s Irish Pub in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, keeps this recipe closely guarded, but we know at least one of her secrets: she tops the drink with a floater of Guinness. The resulting cocktail has the perfect bite, heightened by a dill pickle spear and a piece of beef jerky.
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Absolut Peppar
- 1⁄2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes worcestershire
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Guinness
- 1 dill pickle spear, for garnish
- 1 piece beef jerky, for garnish
- Combine vodka, tomato juice, lemon juice, worcestershire, Tabasco, celery salt, and pepper in a pint glass. Pour the mixture into a second mixing glass and then back again several times to combine.
- Pour into a highball glass full of cracked ice. Add Guinness and garnish with a dill pickle spear and a piece of beef jerky.