Maple Rye Sour
The recipe for this sweet-tart drink is based on the Prospect Park Sour, created by Brad Farran at the Clover Club in Brooklyn, New York. It first appeared in the story Maple Mixer from issue #136.
- 2 oz. rye whiskey, preferably Rittenhouse
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 oz. maple syrup
- 1⁄4 oz. Luxardo Amaro Abano liqueur
- Strip of orange peel, for garnish
- Combine whiskey, juices, syrup, and liqueur in a cocktail shaker, fill with ice, and cover; shake vigorously until chilled. Strain into a chilled sour glass and garnish with orange peel.