Marinated Artichoke Hearts
We try to keep a jar of these marinated artichokes on hand for pasta dishes or omelettes.
Yield: serves 4
- 1 9-oz. box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Rinse artichoke hearts under cold water. Combine artichokes, oil, salt, thyme, oregano, and chile flakes in a 1-qt. saucepan set over medium-low heat. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the flavors meld, 10 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature and stir in lemon juice. Serve or refrigerate in a covered container for up to 1 week.