The Ultimate Fudgy Brownie Recipe
Fudgy and moist, these sweet bites are made from an easy brownie recipe that appears in Chocolate: From Simple Cookies to Extravagant Showstoppers by Nick Malgieri (HarperCollins, 1998).
- 16 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for greasing
- 8 oz. bittersweet chocolate, cut into 1/4″ pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. fine salt
- 1 cup flour
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking pan with butter and line with parchment paper; grease paper. Set pan aside.
- Pour enough water into a 4-quart saucepan that it reaches a depth of 1″. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Combine butter and chocolate in a medium bowl; set bowl over saucepan. Cook, stirring, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Whisk together eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt; whisk to combine. Stir in chocolate mixture; fold in flour. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread evenly. Bake until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, 30–35 minutes. Let cool on a rack. Cut and serve.