These noodles are great for sopping up meat juices.
Yield: serves 4
- 1 lb. fresh lo mein noodles
- 8 tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper
- Cook noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water until tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain noodles, plunge into a large bowl of ice water, and let cool. Drain again and set aside.
- Melt butter in a small pot over medium heat, skimming foam as it rises to the surface. Pour clarified butter into a small bowl, discarding milky solids.
- Toast sesame seeds in a large non-stick skillet over medium-hihg heat until golden, 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, add butter, and cook seeds for 1 minute. Add noodles, toss well to coat, and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.