Baby artichokes, dressed with olive oil and garlic, take center stage in this lemony dish.
- 1 lb. (about 10) baby artichokes with stems, trimmed and halved lengthwise, tough outer leaves discarded
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb. spaghetti
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
Pairing Note This summer pasta dish goes well with rose, like the plummy Bastianich Rosato 2008 ($15).
Continue to Next Story