Pear Sour Jelly Shots
This bite-sized Pear Sour jelly shot, developed for SAVEUR by Michelle Palm of the blog Jelly Shot Test Kitchen, has a sophisticated balance of lemon, pear liqueur, and gin, with a dash of Angostura bitters.
Recommended pan: molds or 1-lb. loaf pan (approximately 8″ x 4″)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed and strained to remove solids
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup Lillet blonde
- 1⁄2 cup gin
- 1⁄2 cup pear liqueur (we use Belle de Brillet)
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 tsp. agave nectar or simple syrup, if desired
- Fresh pear, for garnish (optional)
- Pour lemonade concentrate and water into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Mixture will initially be very thick. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Lillet, gin, pear liqueur, and bitters. Taste; add the agave nectar/simple syrup if desired.
- Pour mixture into pan or molds and refrigerate until fully set, several hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into desired shapes or unmold. Garnish with slivers of fresh pear, if you like.