This revelatory dessert of pomegranate seeds and nuts is adapted from a recipe that appears in the now out-of-print cookbook Seductive Flavours of the Levant.
- 1 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios, soaked for 1 hour
- 1 cup blanched, unsalted almonds, soaked for 1 hour
- 1 cup pine nuts, soaked for 1 hour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. orange flower water
- 4 cups pomegranate seeds, from 3-4 large pomegranates
In a medium-sized bowl, soak pistachios, almonds, and pine nuts in water for one hour.
While the nuts are soaking, make the orange flower simple syrup: bring sugar and 1⁄2 cup water to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and stur until sugar dissolves. Add orange flower water and remove from heat; allow to cool.
Drain the nuts, and stir in pomegranate seeds and orange flower simple syrup. Serve chilled.