Potato Salad with Tarragon and Shallots
This recipe enlivens an old-fashioned American favorite with some surprising—but welcome—flavors.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 2 lb. fingerling potatoes, halved
- 3 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled and minced
- 3 tbsp. fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- Boil fingerling potatoes in a large pot of salted water over high heat until tender, 10–20 minutes. Drain. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add vinegar, shallots, tarragon, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Mix gently, let cool, then mix in mayonnaise.