A simple salad of raw shredded kale and Brussels sprouts is a refreshing variation on cold weather’s ubiquitous vegetables.
Shredded Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad
A simple salad of raw shredded kale and Brussels sprouts is a refreshing variation on cold weather's ubiquitous vegetables.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper
- Trim the woody ends off the Brussels sprouts. In a food processor fitted with the shredding disc, process sprouts until uniformly shredded. (If you don’t have a food processor, you can slice the sprouts using a mandoline, or very finely by hand.)
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add the kale and shredded Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.