A simple salad of raw shredded kale and Brussels sprouts is a refreshing variation on cold weather's ubiquitous vegetables.
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and fresh-ground black pepper
Trim the woody ends off the Brussels sprouts. In a food processor fitted with the shredding disc, process sprouts until uniformly shredded. (If you don't have a food processor, you can slice the sprouts using a mandoline, or very finely by hand.)
In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add the kale and shredded Brussels sprouts and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Continue to Next Story