Pungent robiola cheese can be substituted with brie, ricotta, or any other soft cheese in this simple no-cook appetizer.
Find this recipe in our cookbook, SAVEUR: Italian Comfort Food
- 1 pint fresh figs (about 15 figs), stemmed
- 8 oz. robiola cheese, rind removed, at room temperature
- 2 tbsp. honey
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. pomegranate seeds
- Dill sprigs, for garnish
- Working from the stem end of each fig and using a paring knife, cut an “x”, about halfway toward the base; set aside. Mix robiola, honey, salt and pepper in a bowl. Spoon filling into a piping bag with a plain 1⁄2” tip; pipe about 1 tsp. into each fig; garnish with pomegranate seeds and dill sprigs.