The recipe for this deli staple comes from Silvia Weiss, a kosher caterer in Bucharest.
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- ½ large white cabbage, shredded
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh dill sprigs, for garnish
Combine carrots and cabbage in a large bowl. Whisk together mayonnaise, oil, and vinegar in a small bowl and pour over cabbage mixture. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let coleslaw sit for 30 minutes to allow flavors to meld; serve at room temperature or chilled.
Continue to Next Story