This Acapulco-inspired pico de gallo gets a briny boost from olives and capers. Serve it spooned over grilled fish or chicken.
Salsa Playera de Lujo (Fresh Tomato and Olive Salsa)
This Acapulco-inspired pico de gallo is no ordinary tomato salsa;it gets a briny boost from olives and capers. Serve it spooned over grilled fish or chicken.
Yield: makes About 2 Cups
- 1 lb. ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- ¼ cups finely chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped pitted green olives
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped pickled jalapeños, plus 1½ tsp. liquid from jar
- 1 tbsp. capers, rinsed
- 1½ tsp. ketchup
- 1½ tsp. olive oil
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ small white onion, minced
- In a large bowl, toss together all ingredients; let sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors. Serve at room temperature or chilled.