Mt. Kisco Seafood, a retail market in Mount Kisco, New York, prepared these sole for its customers to cook at home.
- 3 1⁄2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 6 button mushrooms, cleaned, trimmed, and finely chopped
- 8 oz. fresh lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1⁄3 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (8-oz.) filets skinless sole
- Pinch sweet paprika
Preheat oven to 375º. Melt 3 tbsp. of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and bell peppers and cook until soft, 8-10 minutes. Add wine and mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are soft and liquid has almost completely evaporated, 4-5 minutes. Add crabmeat, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
Grease a medium baking dish with remaining butter; set aside. Season sole on both sides with salt and pepper, then ley filets on a work surface skinned side up. Put one-quarter of the crabmeat mixture at one end of each filet and roll filet around filling. Place stuffed fish seam side down in prepared dish at at least ½" apart, sprinkle with paprika, and cover with foil. Bake until fish is cooked through and filling is hot, 20-25 minutes. Serve garnished with lemon wedges and sprigs of parsely, if you like.