Sweet Potato Oven Fries with Curry–Honey Sauce
An aromatic combination of spices elevate the humble sweet potato oven fry to something truly special. We like to serve a batch of still-warm wedges alongside a creamy curry-honey dipping sauce, with lime wedges for an acidic kick.
Yield: serves 4-6
For the Sweet Potato Wedges
- 3 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut lengthwise into 1/4" wedges
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Lime wedges, for serving
For the Curry–Honey Sauce
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>3</sub> cup mayonnaise
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- Make the potato wedges: Heat oven to 425°. Toss potato wedges with oil, cumin, paprika, ginger, salt, and pepper, and arrange in a single layer on a foil-lined baking sheet. Cook, turning once, until crisp and browned on all sides, about 20–25 minutes.
- Make the curry–honey sauce: Whisk mayo, yogurt, lime juice, honey, curry, salt and pepper in a bowl; serve alongside potato wedges with lime wedges.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.