This riff on the Manhattan, composed of Portland-distilled Burnside bourbon, artichoke-flavored Cynar, and old fashioned bitters, uses unusual flavors as a complement to classic ones. Mike Robertson, Head Bartender of The Driftwood Room in Portland, Oregon, demonstrates the recipe in our video Six Manhattans in 60 Seconds.
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Burnside bourbon
- 1⁄2 oz. Cocchi sweet vermouth di Torino
- 1⁄2 oz. Cynar
- 2 dashes Fee Brothers old fashioned bitters
- 1 Amarena cherry, for garnish
- Combine bourbon, Cynar, vermouth, and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass; garnish with cherry.