This soup is based on a recipe dreamed up three years ago by the artist Stella Bellow, who is currently ten years old. It is featured in Bellow's drawing Vechadable Salid Soup, which appears in the May 2010 issue of SAVEUR.
- 1⁄2 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed salad greens, such as arugula
- 1 small carrot, peeled into thin strips with a vegetable peeler
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Soy sauce, to taste