Italians use good-quality tuna packed in olive oil (ventresca, or tuna belly, is the best) for this simple salad. Water-packed tuna will taste insipid.
- 4 cups cooked <a href="https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Tuscan-Style-White-Beans">Tuscan-Style/ White Beans</a>
- 2 (6-oz.) cans olive-oil-packed tuna, lightly drained
- 1 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- Fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Place beans in a large serving bowl, and add tuna. Break up tuna with a wooden spoon. Scatter red onion over tuna; then drizzle with oil, and season generously with pepper.