You can find many versions of brigadeiros, but chocolate is the traditional flavor for these dense, chewy fudge balls rolled in sprinkles, a treasured treat in Brazil.
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 3 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 2 (14-oz.) cans sweetened condensed milk
- Bring butter, cream, and milk to a boil in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add chocolate and cocoa powder, and reduce heat to low; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is the consistency of dense, fudgy batter, about 16 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; let cool. Chill until set, at least 4 hours.
- Using a tablespoon, portion out fudge and roll into balls. Roll each ball in chocolate sprinkles until evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve.