This ingenious method for creating the Mushroom Ravioli With Pesto was inspired by The Lost Ravioli Recipes of Hoboken.
1. Spread half the filling evenly over 1 side of dough, leaving a 1⁄2″ border. Brush border with water.
2. Fold dough over filling to form a half moon. Press edges to seal. Generously dust dough with flour.
3. Roll a checkered ravioli pin firmly over dough, imprinting it with a pattern of squares.
4. Using a fluted ravioli cutter (called a rotella), cut the ravioli along the indentations.
5. Separate the ravioli and let them air-dry for 1 hour. Repeat with remaining dough and filling.