More About This Menu
- Southern-style deviled eggs, made mostly with pantry staples, are deceptively simple. Their distinctive flavor comes from a combination of pickle relish and Durkee, a vinegary spread that's available in some regional groceries. If you can't source it locally, find it online.
- The Meyer lemon and garlic dressing can be made with regular lemons as well, and keeps brilliantly up to seven days in the refrigerator.
- The pecan wafers can be made up to a week in advance; store them in an airtight container and, depending on when they were first prepared, pop them in the oven for a few minutes to revive their freshness before serving.
- The chicken pot pie can be prepared ahead of time up to the point of baking. Keep the assembled pie, unbaked, in the fridge until ready to put in the oven. Alternately, the cooked pie can be frozen and reheated in the oven at 300° until warmed through and bubbly.
- See more of our favorite comfort food recipes in the gallery »