Southern-Style Deviled Eggs
Traditionally southern, these classic deviled eggs are made with Durkee's Famous—a mustardy mayo-based condiment—and sweet pickle relish.
Yield: makes 12
- 6 eggs
- 2 tbsp. Durkee Famous Sauce
- 1 tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika, plus more
- Kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper, and Tabasco sauce, to taste
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Put eggs into a 4-qt. pot of water and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat, cover, and let sit 15 minutes. Drain eggs and crack each shell slightly. Transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water and let cool. Peel eggs. Halve each egg; using a small spoon, transfer yolks to a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash the yolks. Add Durkee, relish, and paprika and season with salt, pepper, and Tabasco. Stir vigorously with spatula until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a plastic bag or a piping bag fitted with a smooth tip and pipe into egg whites. Garnish eggs with more paprika, if you like. Serve cold or at room temperature with hot sauce, if you like.