Brussels Sprouts with Horseradish and Pomegranate Seeds
These brussels sprouts, zipped up with horseradish and pomegranate seeds, from chef Ken Oringer of Toro make a great side dish for roast beef or pork.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon zest, plus 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄4 cup grated horseradish
- Heat oven broiler. Cook sprouts in salted boiling water, 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to an ice bath. Drain, halve, and pat dry. Toss with oil, paprika, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet. Broil until caramelized, 8–10 minutes. Toss with lemon zest and juice and vinegar. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and horseradish.