Brussels sprouts are zipped up with horseradish by chef Ken Oringer of Toro in Boston and New York.
Brussels Sprouts with Horseradish and Pomegranate Seeds
These brussels sprouts, zipped up with horseradish and pomegranate seeds, from chef Ken Oringer of Toro make a great side dish for roast beef or pork.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 2 lb. Brussels sprouts
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon zest, plus 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1⁄4 cup grated horseradish
- Heat oven broiler. Cook sprouts in salted boiling water, 4 minutes. Drain and transfer to an ice bath. Drain, halve, and pat dry. Toss with oil, paprika, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet. Broil until caramelized, 8–10 minutes. Toss with lemon zest and juice and vinegar. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and horseradish.