Poached eggs atop garlic-and-dill-infused yogurt is a perfect dish to sop up with warm bread. This recipe first appeared in our March 2014 issue with the story Milk’s Finest Hour.
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped dill
- 2 cloves garlic, mashed into a paste
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Aleppo pepper
- Warm pita or country bread, for serving
- Stir yogurt, dill, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Divide between 2 plates and set aside.
- Boil a 4-qt. saucepan of salted water. Reduce heat to medium and add vinegar; using a slotted spoon, swirl water to create a whirlpool. Crack 1 egg at a time into a bowl and slide egg into water; poach until white is firm but yolk is still runny, about 3 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer eggs to paper towels to drain; divide between plates.
- Melt butter in an 8″ skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in Aleppo pepper and salt; drizzle over eggs. Serve with warm bread.