Migas con Chorizo (Scrambled Eggs with Bread and Chorizo)
This Spanish-style egg scramble, made with spicy chorizo and chunks of olive oil-crisped bread, is as satisfying for dinner as it is for breakfast. It first appeared in our Jan/Feb 2014 SAVEUR 100 issue with the article Migas.
Yield: serves 4
- 3 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> tbsp. olive oil
- 2 oz. <a href="http://www.hotpaella.com">Spanish chorizo</a>, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. crusty bread, such as French, Italian, or a kaiser or Portuguese roll, torn into 1" pieces
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> tsp. crushed red chile flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and the chorizo in a 10" skillet over medium heat. Cook until just browned, about 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, transfer chorizo to a plate. Add remaining oil to skillet and add bread; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and slightly crisp, 5–7 minutes. Transfer to plate with chorizo. Add eggs, chile flakes, salt, and pepper to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, until eggs are soft-scrambled, 8–10 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in reserved chorizo and bread.
MORE TO READ
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.
Watermelon Gin Punch with Himalayan Salt
Elegant black tea and botanical flavors round out this pretty party punch.