Red wine vinegar balances the sweetness of ripe fruit, while cilantro and basil add a floral note to this fresh summer salad.
- 4 peaches, pitted and cut into 1″ wedges
- 4 plums, pitted and cut into 1″ wedges
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced, soaked in ice water 10 minutes, drained
- 2 oz. baby arugula
- 1⁄3 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Toss peaches and plums with 2 tbsp. lemon juice and the vinegar in a bowl; transfer to a serving platter. Add remaining juice, 2 tsp. salt, and the onion to bowl; toss to combine. Using a slotted spoon, sprinkle onion mixture over fruit, leaving juice in bowl. Add arugula, basil, and cilantro to bowl. Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine, and scatter over fruit. Drizzle with olive oil and black pepper.