Dried peaches add concentrated fruit flavor—and a pleasant chew—to these sweet, summery scones.
Yield: makes 1 Dozen
- 2 oz. dried peaches, cut into 1/4” pieces
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. kosher salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed and chilled, plus more Peach jam, for serving (optional)
- Heat oven to 425°. Stir peaches, cream, and egg in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Using your fingers, rub butter into flour mixture, forming pea-size crumbles. Stir in cream mixture until dough forms.
- Transfer dough to a heavily floured surface; pat into an 8” disk about 3⁄4” thick. Cut into 12 wedges and place on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet; bake until golden, 13–15 minutes. Serve warm with butter and peach jam, if you like.