Light, tangy yogurt replaces rich mayonnaise in this herb-laced dressing. This recipe first appeared in our March 2014 issue with the story Milk's Finest Hour.
- 6 oz. ciabatta or baguette, cut into 1" pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed into a paste
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped chives
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped tarragon
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped thyme
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. dried dill
- 1⁄4 small yellow onion, grated
- 2 heads red leaf lettuce, trimmed and torn into 2" pieces
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
Heat oven to 400°. Toss ciabatta with oil, salt, and pepper on a baking sheet; bake until golden and crisp, 10–12 minutes.
Stir vinegar and garlic paste in a bowl; let sit 5 minutes. Whisk in yogurt, buttermilk, chives, parsley, tarragon, thyme, mustard, dill, onion, salt, and pepper; set dressing aside. Toss reserved croutons, lettuce, tomatoes, and onion in a bowl; drizzle with dressing.