Aleppo pepper (a tangy Middle Eastern spice), raisins, and raw cauliflower marry in this simple yet unusual salad.
Shaved Cauliflower and Radicchio Salad
This shaved cauliflower and radicchio salad boasts golden raisins, toasted pistachios, and tangy Aleppo pepper.
Yield: serves 6-8
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. Aleppo pepper, plus more
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 cups baby arugula
- 3⁄4 cup golden raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pistachios, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup packed parsley leaves
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 head cauliflower (about 1 lb.), trimmed and thinly shaved using a mandoline
- Whisk lemon juice, honey, Aleppo, orange juice, oil, and salt in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Transfer salad to a serving platter; garnish with more Aleppo pepper.