Sun-dried tomatoes, toasted pine nuts, and a splash of champagne vinegar add a bright punch to a simple side dish of steamed broccoli.
Yield: serves 4-6
- 3 heads broccoli (about 1 1/2 lb.), trimmed and cut into florets
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tsp. champagne vinegar
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Bring 1″ of water to a boil over high heat in a 4-qt. saucepan. Place a small rack or steaming basket in bottom of pot. Transfer broccoli to the saucepan; cover and steam over medium-high heat until bright green, about 3 minutes. Using tongs, transfer broccoli to a bowl with pine nuts, vinegar, oil, tomatoes, salt, and pepper; toss to combine before transferring to a serving platter.