Leo Robitschek, bar director of The NoMad restaurant in New York City, pairs smoky mezcal and cinnamon syrup with floral pisco and fresh pineapple juice for this layered, tropical-style drink.
- 1 1⁄2 oz. Salers Aperitif
- 1 oz. pisco, preferably Macchu Pisco
- 3⁄4 oz. fresh pineapple juice
- 1⁄2 oz. cinnamon syrup
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 8 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1⁄2 oz. mezcal, for topping
- Combine Salers, pisco, pineapple juice, syrup, lime juice, and half the bitters in an ice-filled shaker. Shake vigorously and strain into a chilled coupe glass; top with mezcal and remaining bitters.