Nothing says refreshing better than a rocks glass full of ice and fresh ingredients such as sweet red raspberries, fresh lime juice and a Lemon-Vanilla Simple Syrup. Add a bit of fizz and vodka, and this recipe, provided by Nielsen-Massey Vanillas, will give you one revitalizing experience.
Lemon Lime Raspberry Twist
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 1⁄2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 oz. Lemon-Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 1 oz. vodka
- 2 oz. organic lemon sparkling water
- lime twist
- 2 frozen raspberries
- orange wedge
Lemon-Vanilla Simple Syrup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp. Nielsen-Massey Pure Lemon Extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. Nielsen-Massey Tahitian Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle fresh raspberries, lime juice and Lemon-Vanilla Simple Syrup. Add vodka and sparkling water; shake and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Drop lime twist and frozen raspberries into glass. Top with a freshly squeezed orange wedge.
- For the Lemon-Vanilla Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, add water, sugar and lemon extract; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until syrup reduces, about 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat. After syrup has cooled, add vanilla extract and stir. Refrigerate unused syrup in an airtight container.