Lime juice and minced fresh shallot give a traditionally rich caesar dressing a little lift. Keep greens chilled so they remain crispy, and serve shrimp hot for satisfying contrast.
- 4 minced anchovies
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. minced shallot
- 1 tbsp. mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 lime juiced plus 3 Tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded Grana Padano cheese plus large peels for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 heads little gem or baby romaine lettuce
- 12 shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl combine the anchovies, garlic, shallot, mustard, 2 Tbsp. lime juice and egg yolk. Whisk to combine. Stir in ½ cup shredded cheese. In a steady stream whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Light an outdoor grill, or set a grill pan to high heat. In a medium sized bowl add the shrimp, salt, pepper, and 1 Tbsp. lime juice. Toss to combine. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side or until shrimp is pink and grill marks have formed. Set aside on a plate.
- Trim the ends of the lettuce and spread the leaves onto a plater. Distribute the shrimp across. Drizzle the dressing evenly across the plater. Top with a spritz of lime juice, freshly ground black pepper, and the large peels of Grana Padano. Serve.