- Sopa Fria de Aguacate (Chilled Avocado Soup)
- Salsa con Camaron Seco (Oaxacan Shrimp Pico de Gallo)
- Salsa Roja or Salsa Verde
- Tortilla chips
- Watermelon Salad with Cilantro, Radish Sprouts, and Cotija
- Pineapple Ice Pops (Paletas de Piña)
- Cucumber Agua Fresca
More About This Menu
Credit: Michael Kraus
For the most authentic flavor, most Mexican salsas call for cooked and charred elements. To avoid cooking on the day of the dinner, make the salsas ahead, or purchase your favorite store-bought brand.
You’ll need 1½ cups simple syrup, total, for both the paleta and the _agua fresca_recipes. You can prepare the simple syrup up to two weeks in advance; store in the refrigerator.
Leave time for chilling the avocado soup (at least 2 hours) and the ice pops (at least 3 hours).