Apple Cranberry Sauce
The cranberries add a nice tangy twist to otherwise ordinary applesauce.
Yield: makes About 2 Cups
- 5 cortland or other sweet tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- Juice from 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 3-4 tbsp. sugar
- 3 pinches ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Put apples into a large bowl. Add lemon juice, cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Transfer to a medium glass or ceramic baking dish, cover with foil, and bake, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft, 1–1 1⁄2 hours.
- Remove dish from oven and gently break up apples and cranberries with the back of a wooden spoon. Serve at room temperature or chilled.