The cranberries add a nice tangy twist to otherwise ordinary applesauce.
Yield: makes About 2 Cups
- 5 cortland or other sweet tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- Juice from 1⁄2 lemon
- <sup>1</sup>⁄<sub>2</sub> cup fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 3-4 tbsp. sugar
- 3 pinches ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. Put apples into a large bowl. Add lemon juice, cranberries, sugar, and cinnamon, and mix well.
- Transfer to a medium glass or ceramic baking dish, cover with foil, and bake, stirring occasionally, until apples are very soft, 1–1 1⁄2 hours.
- Remove dish from oven and gently break up apples and cranberries with the back of a wooden spoon. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
MORE TO READ
Our Best Pumpkin Recipes Celebrate the Flavor of Fall
Think outside the pie this autumn with these craveable cooking ideas from around the globe.
Don’t Fear the Dinner Party: Toasting Romy Gill’s Cookbook from Home
Recipes, tricks, and tips for hosting a Himalayan-inspired vegetarian feast.