This Apple Pie Jelly Shot, developed for SAVEUR by Michelle Palm of the blog Jelly Shot Test Kitchen, plays straight to tradition: apple juice, Apfelkorn, and Tuaca, a creamsicle-flavored liqueur.
Recommended pan: molds or 1-lb. loaf pan (approximately 8″ x 4″)
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 3 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 3⁄4 cup Tuaca liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup Berentzen Apfel Korn liqueur (or apple schnapps)
- Pour apple juice into a small saucepan and sprinkle with the gelatin. Allow the gelatin to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Mixture will initially be very thick. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the Tuaca and Apfel Korn.
- Pour mixture into pan or molds and refrigerate until fully set, several hours or overnight.
- To serve, cut into desired shapes or unmold.