A staple of Southern garden clubs and church luncheons, the tea sandwich takes on a more satisfying dimension with the addition of artichokes.
- 2 14-oz. cans artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1⁄2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 20 slices white or wheat sandwich bread
- In a medium bowl, stir together the artichokes, mayonnaise, onion powder, garlic powder, dried parsley, and cayenne and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide mixture evenly between 10 slices sandwich bread, top each with remaining bread slices, and cut off crusts with a serrated-blade knife. Cut each sandwich square diagonally to create 2 triangles.
- Transfer to a platter and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to soften before serving.