Asian greens are often sought after for their health benefits, but their complex flavors also make for unique salads. Dressing Asian greens with fish sauce will add depth and body to the salad.
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. nam pla (Vietnamese fish sauce)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup light sesame oil
- 1 shallot, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- 6 oz. mixed baby Asian greens, such as tatsoi, mustard greens, mizuna, and pea shoots
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, nam pla, and salt and pepper to taste. Slowly drizzle in sesame oil, whisking constantly to make a smooth vinaigrette. Add the shallots and set aside for at least ½ hour. Adjust seasoning before using.
- Place greens in a salad bowl. Add the dressing and a few grinds of pepper. Toss gently to coat greens without crushing them.